Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    SOUEAST UAE launches S08 Luxury following the success of the Flagship S08DM

    August 19, 2026

    DRC malaria cases surpass 26 million in 2025

    August 17, 2026

    XCMG Accelerates Global Equipment Deliveries for Infrastructure and Mining Projects

    August 17, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Egypt News HubEgypt News Hub
    • Automotive
    • Business
    • Entertainment
    • Health
    • Lifestyle
    • Luxury
    • News
    • Sports
    • Technology
    • Travel
    Egypt News HubEgypt News Hub
    Home » Passengers from China among others to undergo COVID tests prior to entering India
    Health

    Passengers from China among others to undergo COVID tests prior to entering India

    December 25, 2022
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp Email

    COVID-19 negative test reports will be required for passengers arriving from countries with a high number of cases, India’s health minister said. “We will identify the countries with the highest caseload in the next week,” Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said. “People from there who come to India must upload their (COVID-19) RT-PCR reports.”

    The countries included in the mandate for a COVID-19 negative test report include travelers arriving from China, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Thailand, the health minister said. Passengers from those countries would be put under quarantine if they showed symptoms of COVID-19 or tested positive, Minister Mandaviya said.

    Mandaviya said passengers will be required to upload their reports prior to travelling and upon landing and undergo thermal screening. Mandaviya told parliament that India will also randomly test 2% of international passengers arriving at its airports for COVID-19, the second highest number in the world.

    There was an increase in COVID-19 cases in China and other parts of the world earlier this week, according to an official from the government, which urged Indian states to keep an eye out for any new variants of the virus in crowded areas and to make sure people wear masks while in crowded areas.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Email

    Related Posts

    DRC malaria cases surpass 26 million in 2025

    August 17, 2026

    DR Congo Ebola death toll tops 1,900 as cases rise

    August 11, 2026

    Obesity linked to 8.2% of Belgium deaths in new health report

    August 8, 2026

    Moderna begins Ebola vaccine trial amid DR Congo outbreak

    August 5, 2026

    Michigan reports first deaths tied to cyclospora outbreak

    August 4, 2026

    DR Congo Ebola outbreak reaches record scale

    August 3, 2026
    Latest News
    Health

    DRC malaria cases surpass 26 million in 2025

    August 17, 2026

    The Democratic Republic of the Congo recorded 26,064,143 malaria cases in 2025. The country also reported 29,938 deaths linked to the disease during the year. Guy Esebe Dembo, deputy director of the National Malaria Control Programme, announced the figures during a campaign launch in Ituri province. Dembo said malaria remains the country’s main public health challenge. The new totals confirm a heavy disease burden across one of Africa’s most malaria-affected countries.

    South Korea auto exports reach $6.24 billion in July

    August 14, 2026

    Total solar eclipse crosses Russian Arctic and Europe

    August 13, 2026

    International Youth Day 2026 puts youth inclusion in focus

    August 13, 2026

    Etihad sets December start for Abu Dhabi Gothenburg flights

    August 13, 2026

    Diesel prices rise as US and Europe fuel supplies tighten

    August 12, 2026

    Japan H3 rocket deploys Michibiki No. 7 into planned orbit

    August 12, 2026

    Meta, TikTok lose appeal as youth addiction cases proceed

    August 12, 2026
    © 2026 Egypt News Hub | All Rights Reserved
    • Home
    • Contact Us

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.